Postal service in 1843 consisted of a way-station for the stage coach and horse-back courier. A Postal Station was established in 1854. Mail was sent and received three times per week. During the 1920s and 1930s, mail was usually brought by auto from the railway station in Scotch Village via the Walton Woods Road. During the fall and spring rains, the road conditions were so bad that horse and buggy would be used. A horse and sleigh was often used in the winter. In the 1940s, P.A. Sanford erected a small building to function as a Post Office. The present building was formerly a store operated by F.H. Brison and later M.G. (Chub) Hazel. The store closed in the 1960s and the building was converted to a Post Office.
The Walton Pub and Eatery and the Walton Variety Store and liquor outlet is located on the site where the Superline Service Station and a sub-branch of the Royal Bank of Canada existed. The bank operated from the 1940s to the 1970s. The service station burned in 1993, was demolished and the foundation made into a restaurant and bar. During the 1950s and 1960s, there were a number of corner stores and canteens. Great’s Canteen was very popular in the 1960s.
Whale Creek Campsite property was part of William Parker’s land grant, in 1769. The house was a rental property for years. It was used as a staff house by the barite mine. Campers enjoy swimming, fishing and beautiful sunsets on the Bay.