Walton was called Petite Riviere before.
We had a barite mine, the largest deposit in the world when it opened.
Gypsum mine was operating and lumber was shipped from Walton Harbour.
Our historical Lighthouse was built in 1873 by Timothy Parker, member of a distinguished family in Walton
A giftshop, rest area for picnics and walking trails are at the lighthouse park.
The lighthouse is open from May till October from 8am till dusk.
The highest tides in the world occur in the Minas Basin.